To lose excess aspects of weight loss, most of the methods are not apart from paying attention to diet or exercise. What are the pros and cons of each of these different approaches? What elements should an effective aspects of weight loss program include? The following is an analysis for you one by one.
Diet for aspects of weight loss
The goal is to reduce the chance of ingesting calories by changing or reducing the amount of food you eat. It is not difficult to find books on weight loss in the bookstore. The authors introduce a variety of ways to lose weight, ranging from low- carb (such as bread, rice, potatoes) to eating just one type of food, and even recommend short-term fasting to promote rapid aspects of weight loss.
Certain methods may work for certain types of people, but such diets are often disappointing in the end, as much of the lost weight comes back, knocking hopeful losers back into shape. The ultimate beneficiaries of these aspects of weight loss books may be the authors more than the readers. If dieting alone doesn’t work, what else is needed? . For more research Click Here.
The goal of exercise
is to reduce or burn calories through exercise. This is especially suitable for obese people who are inactive on weekdays, so be sure to include exercise in any weight loss method. Studies have shown that this aspects of weight lossmethod can effectively help obese people lose excess weight, especially for the most obese people, and its effect is most significant. But remember, to be effective, exercise must be done regularly, preferably every day. In addition to helping you lose weight, exercise also has health benefits.
Some drugs can be used as an alternative to diet and exercise for aspects of weight loss, but it is worth noting that these diet pills have their own unique side effects. While some of these side effects may be mild and harmless, others can be life-threatening.
- Suppression of appetite
A common type of aspects of weight loss drug, the function is to make the body’s central nervous system produce a feeling of fullness, so as to reduce the demand for food and achieve the effect of dieting and weight loss. Unfortunately, these medicines must be taken continuously to maintain their effect. Otherwise, after stopping the drug, it will soon return to the original weight.
These drugs can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as gastrointestinal disturbances, nervousness, dizziness, headache, confusion, heart palpitations, and high blood pressure. Because of its effects on alertness and motor coordination, people who drive vehicles and operate machinery must think twice to avoid compromising safety, and these drugs should not be used in people with heart disease, high blood pressure , hyperthyroidism , glaucoma and People with a tendency to abuse drugs.
- Reducing fat absorption
Another type of commonly used drug acts on the gastrointestinal tract and combines with intestinal fat to reduce fat absorption. It stands to reason that this has a good effect on people who are difficult to diet. However, some people complained that the unabsorbed oil leaked through the anus and stained the pants after taking it. Some essential fats that the human body must absorb at ordinary times. If the absorption of fat is blocked, the absorption of certain vitamins will be problematic. The resulting malnutrition may lead to vision loss at night, calcium absorption disorders, and immunity. Side effects of bleeding tendencies, etc.
Therefore, drug weight loss must be carried out carefully, do not simply rely on or abuse weight loss drugs, so as not to lead to adverse consequences.
This aspects of weight loss method is mainly used for people who are morbidly obese (that is, obesity is a clear threat to health); for example: suturing the stomach thin to reduce its volume; or removing part of the small intestine. In addition, the doctor tied the upper and lower jaws of obese people with metal wires so that they could not eat. Although these methods are effective, they are too drastic and may cause adverse side effects, so they are limited to severely obese people.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approaches
Among the many psychological aspects of weight loss methods, cognitive behavioral therapy is most helpful to those who want to lose weight because it not only assists in weight loss, but also in maintaining a normal weight. Simply put, this therapy encourages the client to imagine how things will change and to find reasons to support their thoughts and actions. The therapist will teach a variety of techniques and positive thinking to help clients solve problems.
A typical program to assist weight loss with cognitive behavioral therapy includes the following components: For more health tips visit our site ArticlesHubs.
- Operational conditioning: It means that when obese people make appropriate eating behaviors or exercise, their behaviors will be reinforced, such as praise or reward.
- Self-control: Not doing bad behaviors or activities, such as overeating, or sitting all day.
- Cognitive restructuring: that is, through thought remolding, to help obese people change their negative thinking about diet and exercise, for example: change the negative thinking of “I am so stupid and lazy, losing weight is doomed to fail!” to “Although I am temporarily unsuccessful, As long as you work hard and follow the method, you will definitely do better!”
aspects of weight loss steps
- Calculate how many calories and body weight you eat each day
- Use self-control skills or praise and encouragement to change your usual eating and exercise habits. For example, you can use contingency contracting, which requires the client to put out a sum of money and keep it with the therapist. After the weight loss is successful, it can be recovered from the therapist. Also, stimulus control, that is, controlling things in the client’s environment that might stimulate his appetite, such as a television set, a clock, or a comfortable comb. In addition, confident, decisive training can also increase the motivation of obese people to lose weight and help them learn when and how to refuse food.
- Perhaps the client’s beliefs and expectations about weight loss require counseling. Many obese people initially lose weight with unrealistic expectations and negative thoughts. Some believe that they should be able to lose weight quickly and easily. On the contrary, some people are full of negative thoughts. Cognitive restructuring can help the latter build confidence and positive thinking. In addition, psychotherapy can also help obese people with depressive symptoms or distress to eliminate the reasons behind their overeating.
In addition, in addition to the client, the psychotherapist will also meet with his family to explain the treatment methods and encourage the family to support and cooperate with the client to help him achieve his weight loss goals.
Summary – a aspects of weight loss program should be
- There is a high degree of structure: that is, the organization and implementation steps are orderly and step by step.
- It is led by a team of different professionals, usually including doctors, clinical psychologists, nutritionists, physiotherapists, etc.
- Dieting (or changing the way you eat) and exercise must be done on a daily basis and on a long-term basis, and must not be stopped just because the course is over. It is best to incorporate the newly developed eating and exercise habits into your daily life and make it a part of your lifestyle.
- Slow, gradual weight loss is more effective at maintaining the new weight than rapid weight loss. It’s best to lose only 1 to 2 pounds a week until you reach your goal. This gradual approach is safer and has long-term results than losing 10 pounds all of a sudden.
This article is reviewed by the consultant doctor of this site. May you can see about Exercise increases muscle non-fat.